Monday, October 25, 2010

Seasonal Pictures - Fall

I have been inspired by two Australian blogs I read (you can check them out here and here) to begin to post a weekly seasonal picture. I like the idea of slowing down and taking the time to appreciate each season and to find the unique beauty in the ever changing world around me. I think right now, fall, is the perfect time for me to start this; I am absolutely a summer/warm weather person (can you blame me? I grew up in California where, admittedly, it was not warm all the time but it was never COLD) so I have not been welcoming fall with open arms. I am looking forward to beginning to appreciate fall and in turn all the other seasons for exactly what they are instead of disliking them for what they are not. A lesson in acceptance.

the different stages of changing and falling leaves

fall vineyards


the last of the grapes
Each Monday I will feature a new series of seasonal photos. Come back and check out what I find.

P.S. The three pictures above are all from our trip this last weekend to the Piemonte region of Italy. If you like what you see, stayed tuned for the rest of the week. I will be posting, in three parts, about our weekend at the Salone del Gusto in Torino and our adventures in Barolo and the surrounding areas.

1 comment:

Jessica Brown said...

“And you would accept the seasons of your heart
just as you have always accepted that seasons pass over your fields and you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.”
-Khalil Gibran

Love you, love the blog!